Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46

Thread: Which outfit do you hate?

  1. #1
    emsmombuysdolls
    Guest emsmombuysdolls's Avatar

    Post

    We all talk about how much we [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] AG. Which outfit would not accept for free? Okay, that was a little harsh. Which is your least favorite outfit? And why? [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 11, 2006 11:47 PM: Message edited by: emsmombuysdolls ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member keristars's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 14th, 2006
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I thought I was going to love Kit's holiday dress. I adore the style and the color - it's so 1930s and cute and everything! But when it got to me, and I opened the package, I was severely disappointed in the fabric. It's POLYESTER and it feels like polyester. I just don't like how it feels, and I'm not comfortable holding a doll wearing a fabric like that.


    So, I guess, that's the one I like least, because I love it so much and it disappointed me like that. I'm going to try to duplicate it in a soft cotton knit, though, if I ever have the time.


    [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] --- KERI --- [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MollyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Marisol's meet outfit. I almost returned Marisol
    until I changed her outfit and fell in love.

  4. #4
    *AG Star*
    Guest *AG Star*'s Avatar

    Post

    I can't remember what the outfit was called, but it had the black shirt with pink thread and said American Girl on the front, and also the cargo pants with, I think, pink camoflauge accents or something. I just hate this outfit. I'm not sure why, but I've never liked it.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Nethilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2006
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Addy's African Dance Outfit of today. Not only is is not historical except in the loosest sense, it buys into the whole "Africa is one homogenous continent" thing that annoys me to no end. I also hate the whole "leotard and wrap skirt" aspect. There are so many beautiful authentic African outfits they could have made!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Melissa*Olivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    515
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The very first AGOT Meet outfit -- yuck! We have it because we wanted to have all the Meet outfits, but it never gets put on a doll because DD and I both find it hideous.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member kitschywoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    394
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The red Culotte outfit and that Snowball sweater and leggings outfit. Thankfully, both are long retired. [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img] I'm also not fond of the first meet outfit.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member marilyn2222's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2005
    Posts
    225
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Samantha's Bridesmaid Dress. I just can't like it. The fabric looks cheap, the lace looks like it was an afterthought, the color is wrong for Samantha and it doesn't look historically correct.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member uktmw's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2006
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Samantha's Holiday Coat - I loved her Winter Cape and Garters and wish they had never released this one! The trim is just ugly IMHO!!

    Neat thread! Can't wait to see others' responses!

  10. #10
    emsmombuysdolls
    Guest emsmombuysdolls's Avatar

    Post

    For me it is the Union Suit. No one would wear that and it looks cheap! I am glad it is long gone.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •